Although I know we have all been here before, this brunch just HAD to be mentioned to compare their version of the open faced egg sandwich with the "life-changing" one mentioned below. Max's sandwich is the clear winner (I mean nothing beats truffle oil) however Blue Star put up a definite fight with scrambled eggs, spinach, bacon and goat cheese on grilled marbled rye. My biggest complaint was the marbled rye. It is a great idea in theory but ended up being impossible to cut (maybe too grilled?) and slightly more trouble than I want to experience while eating breakfast in a slightly hungover state. We also ordered the vanilla french toast which is always a safe bet here. Delish! Another reason I wanted to mention this brunch is that I spoke with the manager while I was there and she mentioned that they are starting tons of new, fun activities including but not limited to First Wednesday Wine Tastings and Thirsty Thursday Beer Tastings. Check out their website for more information. http://www.bluestarcafeteria.com/index.html

No comments:
Post a Comment